Throughout history membership in a church has been a regular practice. Christians recognized that regular attendance and participation in a local church was important.
In our modern erra this has changed. Today, many people who call themselves Christians don't see the need for regular, weekly fellowship or commitment to any one particular church.
But the Scriptures have quite a bit to say about the need for affiliation with local body of believers. For instance, we find that it is necessary...
1. To be identified with Christ and formally associated with His people
2. To take part in the sacraments.
3. To come under the care and authority of the Elders.
4. To be united in full fellowship with their brothers and sisters in Christ and enjoy the rights and privileges of the church.
5. To advance the church in the world
Are you in need of a local church fellowship?